The LevelSender 5 is a simple, low cost system designed to wirelessly send data from Solinst dataloggers in the field, via cellular communication, to multiple emails and an SMS recipient. You can receive data right on your smart device.
LevelSender 5 remote stations are compact in design, which allows them to be discreetly installed inside a 2" diameter monitoring well or other housing.
Each LevelSender 5 device has a single port to connect one datalogger. An optional splitter provides connections for two dataloggers, allowing you to install a Levelogger and Barologger in the same well.
Along with water level, temperature, conductivity, barometric, or rainfall data, battery level and status updates from the remote LevelSender 5 are received with each data report.
Manufactured by: Solinst
Model: Solinst LevelSender 5
|LevelSender 5 Specifications|
|Modem||GSM 3G cellular quad-band modem Modem: (850/900/1800/1900 MHz), using GPRS class 10 (not CDMA compatible)|
|SIM Card||Standard SIM (15 mm x 25 mm)|
|Communication||Email or SMS data transfer, Dynamic IP|
|Antenna||SMA Male Monopole 2dBi|
|Data File Type||text, .xle, .sqlite|
|Sampling Interval||1 minute – 99 hours|
|Reporting Interval||5 minutes – 99 hours|
|Schedule Programming||Directly via USB-C connection on the LevelSender 5 or remotely via LevelSender Software (email)|
|Power Supply||3 x AA 1.5V replaceable lithium batteries|
|Battery Life Example||Hourly sampling and daily reporting: 4 years with 1 datalogger, 3.3 years with 2 dataloggers|
|Memory Capacity: (Between Reports)||Up to 40,000 LT logs, or 28,000 LTC logs|
|Operating Temperature||-20°C – +60°C|
|Materials||Black Delrin®, 316 stainless steel|
|Size||2.5" x 9.375" (with antenna folded down)|
|Weight||16.9 oz. (478 grams)|
|Compatible Dataloggers||Levelogger 5 Series dataloggers, LevelVent 5, AquaVent 5, as well as previous versions of the LevelVent and AquaVent, and Levelogger Edge Series dataloggers|
|Number of Connected Dataloggers||1, or 2 using a splitter|
|Barometric Compensation||Performed by user in Levelogger Software or external database (not required for vented loggers)|
As the Levelogger App Interface will not connect directly to the top of a Solinst datalogger, it is necessary to have connection accessories. With the Levelogger or Rainlogger, one of the following accessories is required:
Leveloggers. Provides detailed information on the datalogger,
and includes options for running a self-test, doing a memory
dump and creating/emailing reports.
1. It's easy- A LevelSender can be simply connected to your Levelogger through a direct read cable.
2. It's compact- A LevelSender can fit in a 2" well, allowing for discrete deployment.
3. It's efficient- Programming and setting up the LevelSender is really fast, it's also effortless to make remote changes to the data collection schedule.
4. It's convenient- You can get water level data without having to visit the site, and you get to choose how the data is sent to you- via home station PC, email, or straight to your smartphone via text.
5. It's inexpensive- LevelSender software is free, and purchasing a LevelSender itself is fairly reasonable. As well as helping to cut out site visits, reducing travel and labour costs.